Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day Two


The day started with the last part of our flight to London, England and then we connected to a flight to Tel Aviv, Israel. We didn't get to see much of Heathrow Airport in London because we weren't there very long. We had a long delay in security and almost didn't make it to our connecting flight. We departed for Tel Aviv around 8:45 A.M. After we reached altitude we were served breakfast. I only ate a danish and drank an orange juice.

A few hours later we passed over Germany. We could clearly see the Alps from our window. The mountains were beautiful and covered with snow. We were flying around 37,000 feet high so most of the time it was hard to know what was a cloud and what was land or sea. We also flew over Greece and the Mediterranean Sea but we couldn't see anything. I only knew where we were because there was a moving map (like a GPS) on the small television screen at my seat. It showed us information like altitude, speed, temperature and where we were on a map. I could also watch TV and movies on the screen.

We arrived at the airport in Tel Aviv around 3:45 P.M. but it didn't feel like that time of day to me. Israel is seven hours ahead of the time I am used to at home. The first things I saw in Israel were palm trees. When we got off the airplane we were greeted with warm air and cool breezes as well. We passed through passport security and then we were greeted by someone from our tour company. We claimed our checked baggage and waited for our group to all come together. Then we were greeted by our tour guide who showed us to our bus and told us about what we would see and do this week. We had a bit of a drive before arriving at our hotel, on the Mediterranean Sea in Netanya, Israel. Once we were situated in our hotel, we ate a buffet dinner with many things I had never seen or tried before. After dinner, my parents and I walked to the downtown area which was about a mile from our hotel on the beach.

5 comments:

  1. It was Josh that held you up @ security, wasn't it? hehe He's like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you got to see Germany -- even if it was just from the top!! Wish you guys would've stopped in Germany instead of England!!! have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must share about the strange things you ate...that would be interesting...i like the warm breezes part as well..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you made it there safe! Jealous of the PALM TREES!!!! Have fun, can't wait to hear more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know today was a special day for your family - I am looking forward to hearing about it! Thanks for posting - you answered a couple of questions that my family couldn't, like, "Did you fly over the alps, and could you see anything?"

    ReplyDelete