Monday, February 15, 2010

Day One


Today was the day that I started my journey to Israel. I traveled with my family on a tour through my church. We left church around 11:30 A.M. so that we could reach John F. Kennedy Airport in New York in time for our flight to London, England. On the drive to the airport, which took about three hours, I saw the Statue of Liberty and we drove over the Brooklyn Bridge. We also saw skyscrapers in Manhattan.

When we arrived at the airport, we had a little difficulty with our electronic tickets but it was taken care of and we were able to check in. JFK Airport was huge. It was like a mall and an airport combined. As in any airport, security was busy but we got through smoothly. We arrived at the airport a few hours before we were set to leave for London so my parents and I went shopping in the airport to pass some of the time. We bought a gift for my Grandmother and drinks at Starbucks before we sat down and waited to be called to board the airplane.

We boarded the airplane soon after 6:00 P.M. and we were on schedule for our 7:01 P.M. departure. Some people quickly fell asleep but I waited. After about two hours we were served dinner. I had pasta with pasta and several sides. After I ate, I took a nap, knowing that when I woke up it would be almost time to get on another airplane to go to another country.

3 comments:

  1. My dearest Jen,
    I hope that you are having a blast!!! I must tell you that I am extremely jealous of you and your parents, I would love to go to Israel. You must tell me all about it when you get back. I want you to know that I love you so very much!!!! Have fun!!
    Love ya
    Aunt Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen,
    I am very excited for you and your mom and dad!! I hope you have a blast!! Can't wait to read more. Give your momma a kiss for me :)

    Take care,
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your trip....it makes us here at home feel as if we are with you.Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete